Tis’ the season forthose annual holiday parties at the office. If you are like me, you find yourself lost when it comes to choosing a gift to buy for people you don’t know all that well. This year I wanted to plan ahead and came up with a few great gift ideas under $25.
- Bottle of wine – A classic gift exchange idea of course, but one that can be enjoyed by many and is easily regifted too (that’s not a bad thing in my opinion). Other tips for purchasing inexpensive wines that taste great: Look for wines that are enjoyed young like Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc and many Rieslings to name a few. Italy produces several wines that are fantastic values; particularly the Primitivo, Sangiovese and Merlot blends. Many sparkling wines are inexpensive and taste great, Cremant from France, Asti and Prosecco from Italy and Cava from Spain for example. Also remember, a screw cap does not indicate a bad or cheap wine.
- Travel Mug – I personally like the ones from Starbucks, and they typically cost around $20.
- Holiday cocktail recipe book – Go check out your nearest bookstore, if you go and look early enough they typically have their holiday books on sale. If budget permits add a package of cocktail napkins, or fun stir sticks.
- Tea tasting set – tea is all the rage lately. David’s Tea usually has a set or two in stock, each set comes with roughly 10 different teas. These typically cost $25.
- Mug Warmer – a small heated element that can be left at your desk so your coffee stays warm, these can be found online for roughly $10.
Gift exchanges don’t have to include useless or cheesy gifts. With a little preplanning your gift can be the hit of the office.